All equipment is provided for students taking beginner group classes and private lessons here at LJFA for the first 3 months.
After that, fencers will need to purchase their own equipment.
The fencer should be adequately protected and the uniform should allow freedom of movement to properly perform the necessary skills.
The following is a list of required equipment:
- Chest protector (mandatory for women)
- Underarm protector
- Long socks (white, must reach bottom of your knickers- soccer socks work well)
- Fencing shoes or sneakers (non marking sole shoes)
- Minimum two working weapons
- Minimum two working body cords
- Fencing Bag (to carry your equipment)
In addition to the fencing equipment, you may wish to have:
- Water bottle and healthy snack
- Extra change of clothes (spare shirt) after practice and tournaments
- Tool kit (screwdrivers, spare screws, springs, Allen wrenches)
Wash as you would any other whites – do not use chlorine bleach.
Lamés may be hung in the shower and spray rinsed and drip dry; some people use blow dryers.
If you purchased a mask with a removable inside, this can be taken out and washed in a regular washing machine.
Wash gloves and socks per normal washing instructions.